Thursday, February 25, 2010

LIfe@SIP

Well i m doin my summer interns in gurgaon@philips. First day i visited philips office in gurgaon, i was fascinated and was kind of excited that i wud be working in such a place, all glassy,shiny, stuff like that. But to my dismay, i got a project with title 'mapping of CFL i in gurgaon'. It involves me visiting hundreds of retail counters across gurgaon and finding the market share of philips cfl. Frankly telling its crappy business. First day i visited the distributor,who sees me as an unwanted obligation,which aint a big deal and is natural. Then i was sent with the salesman to go and take a look at the market. As it was first day (on 16th of feb ) i had no clue what to talk to with the retailers and mostly kept quiet and observed the salesman with his modus operandi. One day was enough for me and then i ran off to home for weekend. This week also i went there for just two days i.e tues n thursday(today). I went to various retailers, all having different kind of behaviours. Some very friendly, open to discussion ,feedback. They shared their problems with me and thought telling me wud change things. Some were very hostile, not even willing to talk. I think that also i gonna help me with my PR skills, maybe. But this thing isnt very interesting and after visiting 10-15 counters i kind off get bored coz repeating same sentences again n again is actually boring. I max do this for 3 hours. I think salesmen could tel much betr about the market share than me. Well here i feel like Rocket singh. Today a shopkeeper reminded me of an incident which though i had heard of before, but was good to hear again. It was how colgate increased its sale by 20% just by increasing the diameter of their tube. So i've had enuf for the week and am on my way back home for the holi holidays. Plan is to celebrate holi goin to hillstations like dalhousie and other places with family and papa's friends' and their families. HAPPY HOLI TO ALL

No comments:

Post a Comment